I suggest you ...

Clicking on top shortcuts results in no articles though X number of articles exist.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Skijackz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminanirudhsasikumar (Admin, readefine) commented  · 

I ran into a version of this today: It said one unread article, but clicking always said "no articles remaining". In my case, I checked on google.com/reader and there were no articles left. Couldn't reproduce this the second time though.

• Maxime Cowez commented  · 

No, it gives me the correct count (e.g. 'All Items - 33 articles'), but simply shows a blank screen in the content area. I have no issues viewing individual articles, only the overview in 'Magazine' layout. Refreshing (r-key) doesn't help. It's also rather erratic, because right now it's working again.

I have more folders than you do: 18 to be precise.
        You can email me. I suppose you have my address?

Max

Maxime,

Let me see if I understood this: If you click on a special folder in the top with unread articles, it says no articles. But if you click on the same folder in the "Subscriptions" pane of classic layout, articles appear.

Correct?

Does a Feed Actions -> Refresh resolve the issue?

P.S: I have over 250 subscriptions but only two folders.

P.P.S: Can I email you a build of Readefine with some logging so that your log file will help me nail the problem?

Thank you for your valuable time,
        Anirudh

Anirudh,

right now it's 2. When I first commented it was something around 50. It happens in 'all Items' or when I select a folder in the top bar (actually some of them: fairly consistently one folder will display articles and another will not).

I think I should also mention that I have 150+ subscriptions.
        AIR version is up to date.

I'd love to help you debug it as ReadeFine has become my primary reader. You don't happen to have a hidden debug panel or something embedded in it?

Max

Maxime,

Can you please let me know the unread count in google.com/reader when this happens. Were you reading "All Articles" while this happened? Or were you reading the folder in question?

I'd be grateful for any more info you can give me.

+1 The problem actually started after I updated to v2.3. It only happens in 'Magazine' layout so I'll keep using 'Classic' for now.

• Skijackz commented  · 

It updates the count in the Title but still shows no articles to be read.

BTW: Fantastic application.

• Skijackz commented  · 

In the top menu where the shortcuts to the folders are, I click on the shortcut that says Tech - 250 articles. It returns no articles found. If I click on the left menu, no problem accessing the individual feeds.

FF 5.0
        Win 7 64bit
        Magazine layout

Feedback and Knowledge Base